Skip to main content

Day 13: I am comfortable in my own skin

Day 13 is how you feel about your body, and how comfortable you are in it. Indulge me if you will.

I am more than comfortable in my own skin. I am gorgeous and so are my children. No I don't need you to tell me, I own a mirror. Everyday I look into it and it confirms the fact that I am gorgeous.

People's opinions about my appearance haven't mattered in years. You see for everyone that has something negative to say about me, there is a good chance that were I as rude as they I could come up with at least a dozen things that are unattractive about them.

It could be a pot belly, nose too large, lack of teeth or a receding hairline. Instead I keep my mouth shut and find it funny that they think I care about their opinion.

I am gorgeous, and more than comfortable in my own skin. Are you?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction: Irrational

The old house had to be up to code in less than a week. The wiring was fried, and the walls were crumbling. Demolition seemed to be the only answer but the irrational woman that had hired him insisted that it had to be fixed. It seemed she had a strange attachment to this pile of rotting lumber. The week passed and the house was no where near ready. She came in slamming doors leaving piles of rubble in her wake as the fragile walls gave way. Cracks in the foundation widened as she continued the tirade until the ceiling came down on her. In the mist of dust and debris someone heard a fading whimper as she expired with the house she loved so. Why is she so insistent that the house be fixed instead of simply demolishing it and starting over? Is it fitting that her end came with the end of the house? The word is irrational and this post comes in at 125 of the 150 word limit. Vist M3 for official rules and word list. Visit Redmund Productions to pick up the serious and rememb...