Skip to main content

All Things Being Unequal

I would be on a rampage to find a washing machine that meets all of my requirements. That’ll be difficult but I am buying a new one if it kills me.

Six months of having a torn up machine resulted in a new switch and a new capacitor just to discover that the problem is neither of those. So approximately $14.42 later I am putting my foot down and shaking the house. I am getting a new machine.

A service call would be $80. I don’t think so. The machine has been in use for seven years, or is it eight? It was used when I got it. Forgive me but it’s not worth another $80 to me for someone to look at it.

So let’s see. The machine has to be cheap, new, large enough to meet my enormous laundry needs and light enough I can move it including loading it into a vehicle on my own. I believe I may be in dreamland.

All things being unequal I suppose I can buy a tiny machine to get buy and take the larger items to the Laundromat. They didn’t’ actually fit in the machine I have anyway so it wouldn’t be that big of a difference. The sheets would fit so that’s a plus; it’s hot here more than cold.

So now I am on a rampage to find the washing machine of my dreams, and hope that I am not the one suffering while I reduce everything else to make room in the budget to go buy it. I have a thing against payments, so I buy things outright which would hurt my wallet a great deal the month I buy them in. I’d rather have the instant pain in the wallet than feel it for months.

Are you trying to get your ideal and thinking it’s impossible?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!