Skip to main content

New Routine Equals Not Having a Routine

There have been several changes over the last few months. Settling into a new routine has meant that often there was no actual routine. Living with an autistic child with OCD tendencies makes this odd.

She is not the only one with a lack of routine. Where I used to get up at 5 in the morning to turn on the coffee pot and the television set with my alarm clock by me for the snooze feature that is no longer the case. I used to spend this time with "Petticoat Junction" and "The Beverly Hillbillies," now a lack of a television set has killed that part of the morning routine.

It was and is a strange adjustment to make. I am having to watch television on the computer which is strange. The kid associates it with playing games and I associate it with work. That doesn't make for a very relaxing time trying to watch television especially since the screen is so small.

Our morning and nighttime rituals have changed drastically. They are still taking some getting used to. It has been months since we have had an outing that was just the two of us. This is due in large part to being reliant on others to get places. Oh well, eventually I will drive again and this time the vehicle will not be prone to half a dozen repairs to keep it on the road.

In the meantime I am going to see if I can put some order in my chaos and find the things that keep disappearing because I have none of the usual spots that I once used to keep them from little hands. I do still put things away and end up hiding them from myself however.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog