Skip to main content

D is for Divorce

Soon enough I will have had three of them. This time there is no dreading the end instead I would be looking forward to it. It will be the end of something that never should have been in the first place. I knew it was a mistake before I entered the marriage but being stubborn I did it anyway. One day I'll learn my lesson.


This is the last marriage that I will have. Dissolving the ties to this man will make me happier than I have been in years. There are endings and then there are stepping stones. This will end something that was horrible from the start and become a stepping stone to the future.

We have already been separated long enough that I can file in a number of states the problem is that residency had to be established and I had to start the time over. The stress that was a constant is starting to decrease to a manageable level.

Divorcing allows me the freedom to begin doing the things that I have not done in years. Simple things like enjoying myself without worry of being interrupted or annoyed by stupidity or drunken outburst.

I am aware that this post is rather short but it does not require expanding as that would cause it to wander off into odd directions. Hope you are enjoying April and the A to Z challenge.

#atozchallenge #divorce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!