Skip to main content

S is for Satisfaction

Satisfaction is something that has eluded me in recent years, but slowly I am achieving it. I have found that I do not need all the things that I once wanted in order to be happy. Actually it was getting rid of things that has allowed me to start feeling content for the first time in a long time.

There was the time on the mountain where there was nothing to get away from and all the time in the world to think. I know what I want, but I have to learn patience which means that I am going to have to learn how to be satisfied with what I have in the meantime. This isn't the first time I have ever started over, or the first time doing it as single parent but this time is different.

There are no regrets over the ending; if there is a regret to be had it is that it began in the first place. Now I am hoping that I can show my youngest daughter what it means to be happy, content and truly satisfied with what you have in this life.


Satisfaction is not something that comes from material possessions or relationships. It has to come from within. It's a lesson that has taken far to long to learn but I'm getting there. Hopefully the baby will learn it early on, and never stop doing what she believes in because of anyone else.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.