Skip to main content

Leave Me Please

Go away doesn't mean stay but it seems to cause some to cling tighter to you. It is strange how they only want you  when they see you walking away.

"Don't you love her as she's walkin' out the door?" Seems everyone loves me when I walk out that door. If they'd learn to love me before then I might consider staying longer than a second. 

My counselor asked me a question recently. What is the perfect relationship for me? Then he decided we could go with defining a good relationship and it could be any kind. I, of course am finding it difficult. The question that followed is what made it difficult.

What would you be willing to give up? 

I drew a blank. I can honestly say that I am not willing to give up a single thing right now. Someone pointed out the questions, that go along with that. What am I thinking of right now? The questions they brought up to me.

My conclusion? I am not willing to do anything for a relationship. I do not want one. 

Alone but Never Lonely

I don't get lonely. I have times when I want to go out and do things but they are few and far between. My friends understand this and leave me be but they are always there when I need them.

The clingy one, I avoid.
The liar I see through.
The one that loves me for me. Well, they are all around me just not in the way you would think.

When is the last time you had to think about relationships? Are you willing to make sacrifices and compromises for them?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!