Skip to main content

Monday's Musings

It was a peaceful weekend with only invited interruptions to our routine. We rather enjoyed it but it took drastic measures and hypocrites to get us to this point. Let's take a look at our lives for a moment, if you will indulge me long enough.

I put a sign on my door at some point last week that basically said I wanted to be alone. 
"To much human contact causes excessive stress. As a result we have resigned from the human race until further notice."
It seems that a neighbor's mother who had been visiting frequently took offense to it. Instead of coming to me she decided to send me an apology, then post to Facebook that she was not sorry at all. In fact she allowed her paranoid mind to run away with her in the post that she made. She did not read my response to her apology first, by the time she did and someone explained it to her it was to late.

I had already responded rudely to her posting. Well, actually it was polite because you see she was claiming people whispering behind her back and using her. I know for a fact that she has not done anything for me that I have not paid her for in amounts that were excessive to what she did for me.

Everyone knows what her true colors are and she did it to herself. The rest of the story, well that has yet to be written but I can assure you I am not the one that is going to drown in a miserable, lonely existence of my own making. I am done with her just like everyone else out here. She will soon feel what it is like to taste her own medicine on a daily basis. 

How do you deal with those that would stab you in the back at every opportunity?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!