Skip to main content

Wordy Wednesday

Once again while everyone else is wordless, I have made the choice to be wordy. Sit back and enjoy the ramblings. The light snow fall and freezing temperatures make it ideal to cuddle up under a warm blanket with a hot cup of your pleasure.

I am not answering emails at the moment unless they are associated with my child. I am taking the time to decompress while the weather permits the feel of hibernation. I would be taking the time to think and begin planning for next year. 

The baby has the rest of this week and two days next week before she is out for Thanksgiving. I am hoping that she is not out of school for a week or so at a time because of snow like she was last year. The snow fall is starting earlier here than it did on the mountain last year.

Isolation

We are virtually isolated in our corner of the complex. No one can say they were just walking by and invade my privacy. It is rather nice, though the walls are a bit thin. 

The power outage yesterday was an hour shorter than expected. It wasn't the lack of heat that bothered me but the interruption to my television show. I checked up on an acquaintance that has deep scars and arthritis which makes the cold rather painful for them. I tried to be their friend, but it doesn't look as if that is going to work out.

Well, it seems that I am not as wordy as I thought when I first began this post. See you next time, and stay warm in the meantime. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!