Skip to main content

One Year and Four Months Later

It has been approximately one year and four months since I left my third husband with my youngest daughter and little more than the clothes on our backs. We are still adjusting but along the way we have had some progress and good news.
Two technically four moves

We left our home for the Mountain top, and stayed in the house with friends for a couple of weeks. Then we moved into a camper and spent the remainder of the six months. It was a rather interesting experience.

We then moved to a rather flat and windy state to stay with friends for a few weeks. Then we moved into our tiny one bedroom apartment. 

Yes, technically four moves in a years time for an autistic child. 

Nothing to Something

I still feel guilty about leaving everything but a few clothes behind. My little girl should not have had to leave everything she owned. She was only six years old when we left and she did not understand. I'm not sure she understands now, but she has adjusted against all odds. 

We now have furnishings (we left with nothing, and the camper was furnished) and I have managed to acquire toys for her. She specifically asked for the majority of them. 

We have more than we left with, but I still miss my pictures. They are the only possession I wish I had taken the time to gather. 

We've come a long way but we have so much farther to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!