Skip to main content

Tuesday's Tantrum (Mine not Shorty's)

I feel like having a tantrum, but unfortunately being over 21 it has not been acceptable for more than a decade. So I will merely rant and get the frustrations out. Join me, I'll will try to keep the obscenity out of the picture.

Last week was one of confusion. We managed to get Shorty to her appointment on time because the driver showed up an hour before in order to pick up those after us on his schedule. He was polite and determined to do his job. 

The appointment went well, we don't go back for a year unless the baby gets sick. She got a day out of school courtesy of the doctor. We waited thirty minutes for the return ride home, still no problems. Later that day the baby developed tummy issues and ended up with a four day weekend from school. 

A 'friend" moved to a new house and she has forgotten who helped her and her oldest son when they had no where to live. She has Chron's this I understand but when she is well she cannot follow through with anything because there are more important things and people in her life.

I can remember inconveniencing myself every morning to go sit with her because there was a time when she could not be alone. I had a million things of my own to do but I put them on the back burner to keep her from being alone. 

Since we got here everything and everyone else has been more important than we are. It just goes to show that once people get what they've always wanted they forget everyone that no longer has anything to offer.

Good bye, it's your life and your loss. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!