Skip to main content

Embracing the Shortest Month

It is the shortest month of the year with only 28 days and I am planning accordingly. Today I will walking to the nearest store in order to ensure that I have cash on me to take the baby to eat at least once this month and change for the laundry. 

This is also my birthday month, as 39 approaches I find that I am reflecting on things from twenty years ago. Where I thought I'd be, where I hoped to be, where I've been and where I am. I hope that the next part of the ride is just as filled with adventures appropriate or inappropriate.

Twenty years ago I merely 18 and thought that I had it all figured out. I look back and remember all the nights that I spent dreaming of my future. I wanted it all, a career that took me around the world, family and friends, parties and a large bank account to retire comfortably on. 

I have yet to get travel the world. I have had three husbands and am in the process of divorcing the third. I have two daughters I would not trade for the world. My family is far away and the friends I have I can count without need of assistance from artificial intelligence. 

My bank account, well it's not in the negative. My youngest daughter is autistic and has taught me more than the majority of teachers I had. 

I still have goals and a million things left to accomplish in this life. We are all living on borrowed time but I fully intend to live the next twenty years as fully as the last twenty. 

Until next time I live in a world of wonder and wander lust. Hopefully your life is as full as mine as been. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!