Skip to main content

Lists

I am unable to focus, as a result I have returned to making lists to get things accomplished. Even the most basic housekeeping requires that I make a list to remember it. I can look at something and forget what I am supposed to do. 

The list are split on the page, once work tasks were included but this is no longer the case. I have not managed to work in some time as a result of circumstances. The list are often far to detailed but they help me to focus and at least accomplish a couple of things. 
It all starts here
The items on my lists are what others would consider a simple part of the daily routine. While during the summer it is not broken up into hours it is still detailed. (Breaking it into hours is a left over habit from days of having a work schedule to create by myself).

Example of the List

Wash dishes
Take trash out
Clean kitchen counters
Wipe down stove
Laundry

You get the idea, only the lists are typically much longer and broken down into steps for each room. The days that I do not have a list I do not manage to get more than one or two things accomplished. 

May your days be productive whether with a list or from memory.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!