Skip to main content

SEP: Making Changes to Meet Goals

I am on restriction from purchasing any of the cute clothing I want. I cannot fit into it at the moment so the only clothing I can buy right now is in the bigger sizes. I can have just enough that I am not naked between laundry days. How am I fairing so far?

Well, so far I am enjoying the summer by pigging out and being inactive due to the heat. Shorty on the other hand is more active than ever even having a tanned face as a result. The clothes I bought just last summer are to small now which means I had to buy a pair of shorts and make a pair of cut off from jeans I hope will be to large next year.

It is a small goal to fit back into the clothes that I wore when I arrived here but it is where I am starting. There are a few negative changes to my diet that I have made recently which I hope to correct slowly. 

What Changes Do I Need to Make?

The over abundance of soda that I brought in for the summer so Shorty could have a treat means that I am drinking them. The change here is that mine should be diet and not the main thing that I drink all day.

I have stopped drinking water since I have not purchased any lately. The water out of the faucet is horrible. I will be boiling some for drinking until I can find a filter pitcher within my price range so that it can be kept on hand cold. 

The fact that I am not moving around a lot can be corrected by walking to and from the laundry and dumpster several times a day until I am capable of taking regular walks to the corner store in order to build up my ability to walk long distances once again.

Slow and Easy

In order to prevent injury I will taking trips slowly to be sure that I am fit enough to take them. One step at a time will get me where I want to know. I just have to make sure I take time out to breathe and focus on my initial goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.