Skip to main content

Summer

I remember summer seeming to be just a little longer than it is now when I was a kid. The time I get to spend with Shorty seems to decrease every year. The weather days give me additional time during the school year but they also extend it into summer. It's not much of a trade-off when it comes to the time I could spend with her. 

Thinking back on all the time I spent glued to my computer screen working while she was little brings images of the moments that we spent doing things that we enjoyed. I began working from home when she was just a few months old, I wanted some spending money. Then it became a necessity and I found that I was supporting us while it seemed that I was spending less and less time with her.

The interruption in our time together made the time that I got to spend with her even more precious. The lack of sleep in those years before she started school had me feeling like a zombie. Working twenty-four hour stretches just to finish something so that I could rest before moving onto the next thing and still spend time with Shorty.

Shorty used to climb up in the bed with me and sit beside me while I worked when I'd close myself up in there so my ex-husband wouldn't bother me while I worked. 

It is strange to me now that I do not have deadlines to fight against anymore or a job to go to while she is at school as I briefly did while we lived on the mountain among friends.

Now my days are organized rather differently and I am attempting to get used to it still, especially during the summer months. I am no longer able to stay up all night and get up early the next day. 

May your summer be filled with fun, routine and quality time.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Years of Lessons

The last twenty years have taught me things that I never learned in school. The lessons make me wonder what the big deal about finish this degree or that vocational program is. So what have I learned?

Starting Over. Again.

Life never goes the way we plan and that's okay. We just had a major change that I tried and tried to plan for only to have my plans fall apart every. single. time. It was when I stopped with the obsessive planning and pulling my hair out that it all came together. We're doing pretty good while we make the adjustment to home. Here's hoping that we'll be completely back on track soon.



Until next time, never listen to the voice that says you can't. Find the voice that says Fuck it I'm doing it.

Working it out

I was attempting to figure out yet another crisis when I determined the entire thing was basically in my head. The idea of being able to work from home again was one I had all but given up on until I determined that it was and is the only way to ensure that I achieve everything I need to achieve in a given day. I found help to renter this world from a friend.