Skip to main content

First Full Day of Christmas Vacation!!!

Here's hoping that Vacation is better than the weeks leading up to it. Let me fill you in on the events since Thanksgiving and you'll understand why I am hoping it is better or at least illness free. Not only has my mini me been sick but it's put me under the weather as well. 
Sick baby

We took three trips to the doctor by the twelth of this month. The first one determined that my baby had a respiratory infection, the second a stomach virus and the third a cold. I began to question the accuracy of the third visit when I got a call from the school to pick her up because she was throwing up. I picked her up and began the nausea medication to no avail. She could not keep anything down, and she did not always hit the toilet or even make it to the bathroom.

The respiratory infection saw her miss three days of school, then the weekend came and we ended up back at the doctor after going to school for a single day.

Approximately three weeks were filled with laundry, clean up and germ fighting in the house. I'm not amused and I was even less amused when I began to feel the fatigue and threw up. 

Here's hoping that this vacation will be uneventful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!